Sat, Aug 15|
Westminster Strength and Conditioning
USAW Level 2 Certification - Westminster, MD - Leo Totten, Instructor
In this course, participants will delve deeper into topics covered in the Level 1 course, as well as learn about essentials such as competition preparation, proper nutrition and mental training for weightlifters.
Time & Location
Aug 15, 2020, 8:30 AM – Aug 16, 2020, 5:30 PM
Westminster Strength and Conditioning, 61 John St, Westminster, MD 21157, USA
About the Event
Course Description: In this course, participants will delve deeper into topics covered in the Level 1 course, as well as learn about essentials such as competition preparation, proper nutrition and mental training for weightlifters. Over the course of two days, expert USAW coaches will cover advanced strength and power development principles, scientifically based program design, national competition preparation and coaching strategies, as well as long-term development of weightlifters. Participants will have a chance to discuss how to approach programming through examples of training systems and real-world plans for the development of weightlifters and other athletes.
Course Materials: Extensive course manual with videos of all exercise progressions and sample weightlifting programming.
Prerequisites: To enroll in this course, participants must have obtained the USA Weightlifting Level 1 certification, be over the age of 17, and be a current member of USAW.
CEUs/CECs: This course has a total of 13 contact hours and is eligible for CEUs and CECs through a variety of professional organizations. For exact reporting requirements, please see FAQs here
Course Schedule: Day 1: 8:30am-5:30pm, and Day 2: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Requirements for Certification: After completing the course, participants must pass the written course certification exam to earn the USAW Level 2 coach certification. For more information about the certification process, please visit our FAQs here.
Requirements for USAW National Coach Designation: USAW Level 2 coaches who successfully complete the background check and athlete performance requirements will receive the USAW National Coach designation.
Who Should Take this Course?
- Weightlifting coaches
- Strength and conditioning coaches
- Personal trainers
- Sport performance coaches
- College and university students
- Functional fitness coaches
Registration Information and Pricing: $499
- All course participants must be current USAW members.
- Pre-registration is required for all courses. On-site registration is not allowed.
- The registration deadline for any course is 3 business days prior to the first day of the course.
- Registration costs are non-refundable. In the rare event a course is cancelled, USA Weightlifting is not responsible for any pre-paid expenses incurred by participant. A refund or transfer to another offering is available under this circumstance.
Benefits of Being USA Weightlifting Level 2 Certified
- Industry recognition as an advanced weightlifting coach from the sole governing authority on weightlifting in the USA
- Advancement in USA Weightlifting's coach rating system
- High level of credibility as a competent weightlifting coach conferred to potential employers and athletes
- Affordable and comprehensive liability insurance
- Exclusive discounts for products and services with USAW partners and sponsors
- Access to advanced USAW coaching materials to support your growth as a coach
- Exclusive discounts for select USAW events and USAW merchandise
Why Attend a USAW Coaching Course?
- USA Weightlifting is the original and only provider of weightlifting coaching certification in the USA
- Optimal blend of high quality content, experienced coaches, and hands-on learning
- We are invested in your development and will support you as you grow in your career